Guide to Homeopathic Remedies for the Birth Bag
5th Edition, 2014
By Patty Brennan
This compact book is designed to provide a practical, quick, clinical reference guide that birth attendants can easily slip into their birth bags. Seventy-five key remedies are briefly summarized for their applications in midwifery practice or self care. Prenatal problems, complications arising during labor and birth, and postpartum complaints of both mom and baby are covered. Featuring:
- A post-cesarean regimen to speed the healing process and reduce the need for pain medications that may interfere with breastfeeding
- A protocol to turn breech babies or reposition the posterior baby in late pregnancy
- A recommended birth kit of homeopathic remedies for midwives
- Casetaking hints
The newly updated 5th edition features an expanded therapeutic applications or repertory section designed to facilitate expedient choice of a remedy during labor. Also new in the 5th Edition, you will find short essays on:
- How does homeopathy differ from herbalism?
- How quickly should a person respond to a remedy?
- How do I know when to repeat a remedy?
- Combination remedies
Written by a midwife for midwives, mothers, and anyone who works with pregnant, birthing, or breastfeeding mothers and their babies. Find out why this is the “go-to” reference book for thousands of midwives!