Doula Business Development
Dream ~ Organize ~ Plan ~ Grow
- Doula Business Success Toolkit
- The Doula Business Guide, 2nd Edition
- The Doula Business Guide Workbook (NEW!)
- Small Business Basics Online Classroom
- Advanced Business Training for Birth Professionals
Start a Doula Business. Grow Your Existing Birth-Related Business!
The Doula Business Guide: Creating a Successful MotherBaby Business
2nd Edition, 2014
By Patty Brennan
The Doula Business Guide is the must have, comprehensive resource for anyone seeking to establish an independent doula business or program. Over 300 pages of inspiration and useful information for launching your dream career and making it pay well. When you invest in this thorough guide, you get Patty’s 35 years of expertise distilled into one go-to resource. Each chapter is like taking an entire training course on the subject. See Reviews and Table of Contents.
NEW! The Doula Business Guide Workbook: Tools to Create a Thriving Business
By Patty Brennan
The notion that heart-centered work and making money are somehow incompatible, is a false dichotomy. You CAN choose a path of service to others AND thrive financially. In fact, it is essential that you do! Our new Workbook is filled with practical, interactive tools that will guide you to succeed, no matter where you are in the process of building your business–just starting out or a few years in. You will find: checklists, step-by-step instructions, tip sheets, worksheets, templates, exercises, questionnaires, strategies, planners, trackers and more. Great complement to The Doula Business Guide.
Small Business Basics Online Classroom
With Patty Brennan
This eight-part series of online classes will provide you with the information and encouragement needed to give birth to a thriving doula business or grow the one you have. Let Patty “doula you” through the process, providing guidance and inspiration to make a living doing work you love. Complete the classes on your own time, at your own pace and review whenever you need to.
** Intro: Riding the Self-Employment Rollercoaster (Free) **
#1 Business Start-Up Basics
#2 Money Matters!
#3 Get Clients Now!
#4 E-Marketing Basics
#5 Risk Management for Doulas
#6 I Don’t Have Time to Read a Book on Time Management
** Bonus Class: Cultivating the Entrepreneur Within **
Per-Class Fee = $27 OR
Invest in All 6 Programs + 2 Bonus Classes for $127 (Save $40!)
Content of Online Business Classes
- What’s in a name?
- DBAs and LLCs? Simplifying the alphabet soup
- To partner or not to partner?
- Variations on business models
- Bottom line on paperwork
- Examining your beliefs about money, scarcity and abundance
- Setting your fees
- Get comfortable talking about money
- Checking accounts, credit cards and insurance reimbursement
- What about taxes? (bookkeeping basics & tips for staying out of trouble with the IRS)
- Creating a budget (sorting the needs, requirements and desires)
- Market, Message & Media (understanding basic marketing principles)
- Know your customers
- Create a compelling message (avoid the #1 Biggest Mistake)
- Diversify your media (from print literature to press releases and more)
- Cultivating a referral culture in your business (past clients are your best referral source!)
- Networking basics
- Measuring your ROI (return on investment)
- So you want to create a website? (how to get started)
- It’s all about SEO (maximizing your online presence)
- Building your community (Capture that email!)
- The value of e-newsletters
- Engaging on social media
- Limitations of liability insurance
- Forming a limited liability corporation (LLC)
- Know your scope of practice
- Setting and maintaining professional boundaries
- Creating effective client contracts
- Navigating potential risks unique to birth-related businesses
- Red flags and how to respond appropriately
- Overcoming procrastination
- Revisiting the seven strategies of highly effective people
- Five successful time-management strategies
- Make a detailed plan
- Identify obstacles to success
- Put your own oxygen mask on first (essentials of self-care).
- Work-life balance
Purchase one or more classes and receive this FREE BONUS Class.
Cultivating the Entrepreneur Within
- Overcoming our shared challenges
- Shake it up! Getting out of our bubbles …
- The blessing of accountability
Invest in All 6 Programs Now +2 Bonus Classes!
Format of Online Classes
All online classes are delivered in mp4 video format, along with an e-coursepack of written materials and resources available for download (PDF format). After purchase, you will be given a link and password for access to the classes. Access is limited to one user.
Advanced Business Training for Birth Professionals
With Patty Brennan
7.0 DONA Continuing Education Contact Hours Approved
We are bringing this training to Cleveland, OH this summer!
Join us for a highly interactive one-day workshop focused on taking your business to the next level. Topics include:
- Becoming an entrepreneur
- Cultivating abundance
- Establishing your value
- Acing the interview
- Marketing on a budget ~ How to grow your business
- Understanding marketing online ~ Websites, e-newsletters, social media & more
- Networking effectively ~ It’s all about relationships!
- Setting goals and other implementation strategies
- Managing your time ~ How to fit it all in
All participants receive a copy of The Doula Business Guide Workbook: Tools to Create a Thriving Business.
Who is this training for?
- Childbirth educators
- Massage therapists
- Lactation consultants
- Pre- and Postnatal yoga instructors
- Any small business owner seeking to take it to the next level!